At Platinum Vacations of Destin, the safety of our guests, employees and homeowners is our top priority. In order to make sure our valued clients are protected from the transfer of COVID-19, we are taking additional precautions and following recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
- Each of our homes is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each guest departs using CDC’s recommended disinfecting products and bleach. Due to limited local suppliers, we do recommend bringing your own disinfectant spray‘s, wipes and sanitizers to better protect your family.
- Air filters will be replaced after each guest departs to ensure the next guest has a new filter for their stay.
- All linens are removed between guests, including comforters and extra blankets, and replaced with new linens. These linens have been washed and dried at temperatures exceeding 165°. Each unit will also have one clean, extra blanket replaced after each guest.
- Prior to each arrival, our inspection staff will complete a final walk-through and wipe all hard surfaces with disinfecting wipes, including but not limited to door knobs, handles, light switches, counters, tables, bed frames, chairs and appliances. Large furniture and pillows/cushions such as sofas and lounge chairs will be sprayed with CDC recommended disinfected sprays to kill potential traces of the virus.
- For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, original bedspreads and unnecessary linens have been removed from each unit, including but not limited to throw pillows and blankets, decorative shams, small rugs and additional items which may add to the decor. This means the decor of the home will vary slightly from the pictures
Dear Incoming Guest:
We're glad that you have chosen to come and stay with us and we look forward to your arrival! It is however important that visitors understand that Walton County, like the rest of the country, is operating under a “new normal” in the recovery of this pandemic, and that everyone traveling to the destination should come ready to do their part in the recovery effort. This may include taking precautions related to social distancing, understanding that government guidelines continue to affect the way local businesses operate, and in many cases our visitors should expect to use a little more patience as we all work together to recover.
Many businesses and restaurants will spend more time cleaning and have limited hours and occupancy for guest safety as well as the safety of staff. Visitors should plan tosimilar precautions, not only to safeguard themselves or their families, but also to protect locals and fellow visitors – this can mean anything from wearing masks in public places like grocery stores, to bringing hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes from home to use while visiting.
Walton County has a relatively low population of residents, and in some ways that is reflected by the infrastructure. Guests should plan on bringing more supplies from home than normal (visiting the grocery store before driving to Walton County), as items such as toilet paper, disinfectant sprays and wipes, hand soaps, and even some food items may be limited or unavailable as the area experiences an influx of visitors to our beautiful area. While we provide each of our guests with enough toilet paper and toiletries to get them started, some guests do require additional amounts which may not be easily purchased from a local store during these times. Due to limited hospital infrastructure, anyone who begins feeling sick while visiting should return home immediately to self-isolate or receive treatment. Guests who do so should also notify their accommodation provider so that precautions can be made for deep cleaning while safeguarding the health of staff and future visitors.
Platinum Vacations of Destin is taking additional precautions to ensure our guests’ and employees’ safety. Each of our beautiful homes will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each guest departs to make sure it is ready for our next guest. All bed linens including coverlets are changed between guests. The air filters will be changed out with each guest and all surfaces including but not limited to light switches, door knobs, faucets, tables and seating, appliances, and more will be cleaned with antibacterial and antiviral cleaning products, then sprayed with disinfectant spray during our final walk through prior to your arrival. All guest arrivals are also contactless. You will receive a door code prior to your arrival and be able to go directly to your unit to help minimize contact with our representatives and yourself. We do recommend bringing additional disinfectants, sanitizing products, and personal protective gear with you to ensure you and your family are protected during your stay, as these products are hard to come by at local stores. It is important to note that while Platinum Vacations of Destin, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Seascape Resort, and our local businesses and restaurants will be putting additional measures in place to ensure your safety, we do not guarantee that you will not be exposed to the virus and cannot be held liable for guests contracting the virus. For this reason, it is important that you remain diligent in your efforts to protect yourself and your family while still enjoying your vacation.
In regard to our resort, rest assured our staff is taking every precaution to disinfect individual properties and common areas. There may be certain amenities that will be limited or unavailable in the coming weeks such as beach chair set up, pools, clubhouses, and more; the decision to open the resort activities is not ours to make.
For up to date information on local businesses (including how temporary regulations affect their operation, which restaurants are offering food to go, accommodations updates, opportunities to help, and updates on events as affected by COVID-19) please visit
For best practices in health and travel as recommended by the CDC, please visit:
We hope this information and links provided are helpful to you. This is a difficult time for everyone in our country, but we are all in this together and we have many bright and sunny days ahead.
~Platinum Vacations of Destin